Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Self-Reflection; Reconstruction Debate


  1. How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way?
    1. I felt really good planning this presentation. My entire group was in a unanimous decision about who was going to do what. Oliver would do the opener, I would do the closing, Tyera the flaws, etc. I was very excited that I got to do the closing.
  2. How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?
    1. Before we presented I was confident in what I was going to say. I was a bit nervous presenting for the first time for some of the 8th graders, but I was confident in my speech. I practiced over the weekend, and it helped tremendously. It made it less stressful when the time came.
  3. How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?
    1. I felt very confident. I was a tiny bit nervous but I had my speech memorized. I also learned that memorizing something, or knowing it very well, makes the entire presentation better.
  4. What did I personally do well?
    1. I think I projected my voice, summed all the topics up, and ended on a true strong point.
  5. What did not go as desired in this presentation?
    1. Lisa’s had a bit too much content, and the things we fixed with the technology went back to what they were originally. Oliver was also not very confident in what he thought.
  6. On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content? Explain.
    1. I think that I would rate myself a 7 on the content, because I understand the flaws, benefits, and most of the content.
  7. How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this?
    1. I think all my group members perceived me as someone who would get their work done, get it done right, and do a good job doing it. Based on my previous projects.
  8. How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this?
    1. Going into this I knew a majority of the eighth graders. Them being 6th graders when I was a 5th grader, out teachers had our classes do a lot together. Hopefully they thought that I knew what I was talking about, and hopefully spoke loud enough to everything to a close.
  9. Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience?
    1. I would help Lisa pick out the main things from the Wade-Davis Bill, and take some of it to present it, so she doesn’t have to memorize everything.
  10. What are my strengths in groups?
    1. I’m usually a pretty good task manager, and a good leader most of the time. And always get my work done on time, and done right. But this was a project that didn’t need a leader; we each did our own thing.
  11. What areas do I need improvement?
    1. My public speaking could use some work. I need to have more, different, gestures, move around, and interact with the audience more.
  12. What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important?
    1. I learned that, the more I know the topic, and the more I practice, the MUCH better the presentation will be. If you’re more confident in yourself, you sound more confident to the audience.
  13. Are there any other things that I need to express?
    1. None that I could think of at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment